Author Topic: New branding for PTS  (Read 1690 times)

AlphaBar

New branding for PTS
« on: October 26, 2014, 10:56:06 pm »
Here is the new mark and logo that my designer has produced for us:

Post-launch we can revisit the branding issue altogether, but I think this is a great start.

Edit: Modified logo
Edit #2: Modified logo yet again
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:19:11 am by AlphaBar »

emski

Re: New branding for PTS
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 06:59:22 am »
Looks good.
Are III OK with Bitshares in the name?

AlphaBar

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:11:55 am »
Looks good.
Are III OK with Bitshares in the name?

I did not get any objection from Dan or Stan on this. I assumed it would make sense to leave the name as-is for the time being.

hpenvy

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 10:08:38 pm »
"I am of the opinion that an upgrade of this sort needs an entirely new name.   

Pollyshares powered by bitshares toolkit. 

I kindly request that we not confuse the bitshares brand. 

I will also suggest that launching this will require significant dev resources just for maintenance. " - Bytemaster

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10701.msg140985#msg140985

AlphaBar

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 11:49:27 pm »

I will also suggest that launching this will require significant dev resources just for maintenance. " - Bytemaster

Yep, this was a later response. I think Dan has misunderstood the objective. We are not setting out to create a "new coin". This is simply a badly needed upgrade to PTS. I've tried to explain, but would appreciate any help in conveying the message.

Riverhead

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 07:41:45 pm »
What's the difference between a new coin that is share dropped 1:1 to existing PTS owners and an upgrade? Is it to make sure the social consensus carries over?

pc

• CoreTeam
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 08:42:07 pm »
Creating a new coin means that there'll be "original PTS" and "the new PTS". Which creates all kinds of confusion, including which will the one that gets sharedropped by new DACs. Upgrading means that there'll always be only one kind of PTS.

Of course, technically there is no difference. We can only move to the new PTS by using a snapshot of the old PTS and creating a new chain with that. Technically, the "old PTS" will continue to exist. It's just the question if enough people are going to continue mining it.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de/
My PTS binary packages for CentOS, Fedora, openSUSE: http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Abts&package=PTS
Please donate: pts:cyrano - thanks!

Riverhead

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 10:28:41 pm »
Creating a new coin means that there'll be "original PTS" and "the new PTS". Which creates all kinds of confusion, including which will the one that gets sharedropped by new DACs. Upgrading means that there'll always be only one kind of PTS.

Of course, technically there is no difference. We can only move to the new PTS by using a snapshot of the old PTS and creating a new chain with that. Technically, the "old PTS" will continue to exist. It's just the question if enough people are going to continue mining it.

Makes sense. I agree there really is no other way.

fuzzy

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 03:30:08 pm »

Makes sense. I agree there really is no other way.

It seems Dan and Stan have no issues with this...and although I know they are not "technically" legal owners of it, it does mean something to have their backing. 

Let's make this count though.

Empirical1

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 03:07:17 am »
I see the logo has been updated on CMC.
I think it might look better in gold myself, more like the logo on the coin at PTScrypto.com

cube

• CoreTeam
  • Bit by bit, we will get there!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 05:12:21 pm »
I see the logo has been updated on CMC.
I think it might look better in gold myself, more like the logo on the coin at PTScrypto.com

HiFive!  I like the golden feel too.
Contribute to the PTS Development Program!
Please send your donation to ID: bitcube

anycoin

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 12:09:32 pm »
AlphaShares..........I dont get polly......

fuzzy

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 01:15:36 am »

If we get this done correctly, we have PTS as something very valuable.  It really doesn't matter the name of the token though.  Haing to change the name just weakens the ability of our community to push the brand further.  Those who joined early should be well aware that PTS and AGS were meant as ways to create competition for the main BTS chain as it was (and still is) going to have allstars w/ experience. 

PTS is smooth and clean.  It is the perfect place for newbies to DPOS and TITAN to be able to learn about the foundations of the technology.  Then when things progress, these devs will want to test their improvements on devshares..

So PTS is the perfect place for teaching and learning.  And I can assure you if we play it that way we will eventually get some really amazing stuff created by technically capable people who learn the ins and outs of the chain.