Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin (PTS) Delegate Slate Requirements  (Read 2021 times)

fuzzy

Beyond Bitcoin (PTS) Delegate Slate Requirements
« on: November 23, 2014, 03:24:58 pm »
I believe that the pathway to opening up sharedropping on PTS from multiple DPOS-derived DACs hinges on the ability to build a highly competitive market of individuals capable of creating and running their own DACs.  Many individuals have great ideas but not enough technical expertise to make it possible. 

Of course the argument persists that there are plenty of technically capable people out there (and this is true).  However, we also have to realize that many of those technical people have a very good reason to bypass PTS completely and sharedrop instead on BTS for their support, and many technical people capable of working in crypto hate it--I was actually just banned from a programming IRC channel for literally mentioning that I would like to tip someone in crypto if they could explain something to me.

That said, I would like to set up a delegate slate of individuals who make video and text-based tutorials on how to 1st) safely redeem PTS/AGS keys to claim sharedrops, 2nd) properly set up and run delegates, 3rd) how to make their own delegate slate. 

Riverhead has already stated an interest in doing this so I will be asking him to help me set up the delegate slate (and add him onto it) for placement in the Mumble Server.  I have asked him to head up this community effort and await his decision.  His role would largely be, in my eyes, to create his tutorial content while I would focus on scheduling hangouts, editing them and putting them up. 

When he is finished with his series, I will gladly give him the PTSUniversity Domain so he can use it as his own.  I would do so free of charge, but as always, I love to receive reciprocation for my own efforts if others find them valuable. 

One final note:  I want to have at least bi-weekly hangouts for this community and its devs.  This is currently seen by most to be a scam, and I do not want to be part of something perceived as a scheme.  It will be far better if we can nip this in the bud and provide open hangouts in the format I have designed--as they are superior to other platforms for both keeping people honest and giving the community access to openly ask questions in a way that is recordable and utilized by anyone interested in providing journalistic content.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:24:31 pm by fuzzy »

pc

• CoreTeam
Re: Beyond Bitcoin (PTS) Delegate Slate Requirements
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 07:41:34 pm »
I understand only about half of your post, but it sounds good and addresses some points that we have so far not even identified. Good to have you on board! :-)

One final note:  I want to have at least bi-weekly hangouts for this community and its devs.  This is currently seen by most to be a scam, and I do not want to be part of something perceived as a scheme.  It will be far better if we can nip this in the bud and provide open hangouts in the format I have designed--as they are superior to other platforms for both keeping people honest and giving the community access to openly ask questions in a way that is recordable and utilized by anyone interested in providing journalistic content.

I'm not a good speaker and I have zero experience with hangouts.

OTOH what I do with/for PTS is open for everyone to see and validate, and I'm not even trying to keep my identity secret. If someone want to accuse me of being a scammer they can send me an email.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de/
My PTS binary packages for CentOS, Fedora, openSUSE: http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Abts&package=PTS
Please donate: pts:cyrano - thanks!

fuzzy

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 08:33:54 pm »
I understand only about half of your post, but it sounds good and addresses some points that we have so far not even identified. Good to have you on board! :-)

I'm not a good speaker and I have zero experience with hangouts.

OTOH what I do with/for PTS is open for everyone to see and validate, and I'm not even trying to keep my identity secret. If someone want to accuse me of being a scammer they can send me an email.

I understand what you are saying--we need to make efforts to have people with different primary languages to moderate these as we begin to grow just so we can provide updates. 

We also need to have a means by which community members can ask questions and report potential issues on the forum. Mumble is very valuable, however, for making sure that a developer is who he or she says they are.  It also will someday serve as an open conference center where with very low barriers to entry and creative commons content licensing (so anyone can be a journalist as long as they have the will and wish to attend--or get the raw content from someone who attended.

emailtooaj

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 02:40:03 am »
Fuzzy,
Are you planning to start up a separate Beyond Bitcoin Show- PTS edition soon?

With the new 2.0 wallet now released it would be a great to hear from Dev's and others about PTS's future!

fuzzy

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 07:20:00 pm »
Fuzzy,
Are you planning to start up a separate Beyond Bitcoin Show- PTS edition soon?

With the new 2.0 wallet now released it would be a great to hear from Dev's and others about PTS's future!

Yes.  I would like to make it a bi-weekly hangout like the one being run for BitShares PLAY.  It is up to Alphabar and the volunteer team to find someone to represent this project however. 

cube

• CoreTeam
  • Bit by bit, we will get there!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 06:20:56 am »

Yes.  I would like to make it a bi-weekly hangout like the one being run for BitShares PLAY.  It is up to Alphabar and the volunteer team to find someone to represent this project however.

Alphabar is _the_ PTS project representative. :)
Contribute to the PTS Development Program!
Please send your donation to ID: bitcube

fuzzy

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 03:11:53 pm »

Alphabar is _the_ PTS project representative. :)

Sounds good.  I'd like to start bringing him on for a bi-weekly update.  Maybe eventually move it to a weekly one as things progress. 

cube

• CoreTeam
  • Bit by bit, we will get there!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 05:20:06 pm »
Looking forward to it!  8)
Contribute to the PTS Development Program!
Please send your donation to ID: bitcube