Author Topic: Thank you for the new home ! Delegates?  (Read 2905 times)

randpaulcoindev

Thank you for the new home ! Delegates?
« on: January 03, 2015, 09:03:14 pm »
Well I tried posting on bitsharestalk and received no reply. I'm not sure how to take that but we're headed here where people will definitely be friendly and we have the early adopters who are always a cut above.

I will still be posting on bitcointalk and occasionally on bitsharestalk.

I'm looking forward to working with Cube. I feel this community is far more inviting to third party developers. That isn't the fault of I3 or Dan and Co. but just seems to be how things have transpired. BTS will always be on our team and we will support development of BTS just like PTS and AGS did. I don't profess to know of what capacity but we give them our most heartfelt thanks for the fine work they do and will undoubtedly continue to do!

Dan Larimer has been raised to almost equal with Satoshi Nakamoto. There! It has been said.

So ... who around here wants to run delegates?  For some reason 29 seems like the right amount to me. It makes management reasonable even when the RPM community grows significantly. If it is determined we need more than 29 then I can hardfork the network later.

Unlike Bitshares we are going to encourage people to run multiple delegates at the start. This way no one person is sitting on a majority of init delegates. So if we get lucky and have 13 original delegates, I would ask the more experienced guys to run 3 delegates and people just with less experience wishing to participate can run 1 delegate.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 09:05:13 pm by randpaulcoindev »

mira

Re: Thank you for the new home ! Delegates?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 05:20:58 am »

bob

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 08:30:39 am »
You might consider recruiting PTS delegates to run RPcoin in parallel.

Sent from the tiny wrinkles in my brain via mind bullets!

iHashFury

• Add Simplicity
    • by24seven
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 10:34:38 am »
Hello and welcome !

hightower

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 12:55:20 pm »
 What is Ron Paul Money?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:34:56 pm by randpaulcoindev »

randpaulcoindev

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 08:36:21 pm »

Sorry for the editing of your message Hightower. Apparently it is easy to click modify message instead of reply if you have mod capability. :)

So what is RonPaulMoney or RPM ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=848182.0 is the ANN thread.

hightower

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 05:16:38 am »
I saw Rand Paul Coin there. What is the relationship between Rand Paul Coin and Ron Paul Money?

jwiz168

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 07:05:43 am »
I may help advocate this since it is a DPOS.
wallet_account_set_approval delegate.mejwiz 1

randpaulcoindev

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 07:34:22 am »
I saw Rand Paul Coin there. What is the relationship between Rand Paul Coin and Ron Paul Money?

I decided to rebrand to Ron Paul because as much as I am behind Randall I am more personally involved behind this coin being a viable lasting product. If Randall doesn't happen to make it to President where does that leave the coin?

I may play around with issuing a RandPaulCoin asset but I don't see any use in it. If someone came up with a good idea I would be more than happy to listen.

What will remain the same is the idea of transaction fees going towards Randall Paul's Presidency. So RonPaulMoney (and RonPaulGold/RonPaulSilver) will have a portion of the transaction fees burned, a portion sent to what will initially be a hardcoded address, and part to the delegates themselves. Initially there will be no donation system though, just guaranteed constriction of the money supply.

hightower

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 10:45:59 am »
Randal is more exciting. You will get more attention with Rand Paul.

He definitely is more exciting at the moment but if he didn't make it past primaries, then what?  Therein lies the problem.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:03:22 pm by randpaulcoindev »

randpaulcoindev

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 10:22:36 pm »
Randal is more exciting. You will get more attention with Rand Paul.

He definitely is more exciting at the moment but if he didn't make it past primaries, then what?  Therein lies the problem.

Exactly. I also am not too happy with him wanting to defund the guys who oppose Israel. While they may not be great people themselves, there is a lot of injustices done towards the Palestinian people and in my personal opinion if one is going to stand around about who we should fund and who we shouldn't, we need to leave Israel a bit more on its own and not back their actions implicitly. Randall has appeared more and more of a politician. He likely has greater chances than his father but he is not the type of person I wish to base the coin on.

Perhaps a RandPaulDollar will be one backed by Silver?!?  (Read my diary for my update)

hightower

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 08:31:09 am »

I DID NOT write that.

hightower

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 08:38:31 am »

Exactly. I also am not too happy with him wanting to defund the guys who oppose Israel. While they may not be great people themselves, there is a lot of injustices done towards the Palestinian people and in my personal opinion if one is going to stand around about who we should fund and who we shouldn't, we need to leave Israel a bit more on its own and not back their actions implicitly. Randall has appeared more and more of a politician. He likely has greater chances than his father but he is not the type of person I wish to base the coin on.

Perhaps a RandPaulDollar will be one backed by Silver?!?  (Read my diary for my update)

Israel is a strong and long time ally of US. He is right to support Israel. Whether there is injustice or not, only the people of Israel and Palestine know. There is no way an outsider can judge. Randal is gaining more support. This is a good start.

randpaulcoindev

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 10:56:12 am »

Israel is a strong and long time ally of US. He is right to support Israel. Whether there is injustice or not, only the people of Israel and Palestine know. There is no way an outsider can judge. Randal is gaining more support. This is a good start.

Sorry about messing your post up above.  With moderator privs I can accidentally click on the wrong button.

My problem is that he shouldn't pick either side. I am not sure Israel has been a strong ally to the US. I'm not sure what they've done for the US but cause endless problems. It has seemed like a one way relationship and American gets the short-end of the stick all over the Middle-East because of this relationship. We just need to get out of that mess and let Israel do its own thing and finance their own military.

I don't vote and I am a bit of a hippy but I've never met a Ron Paul supporter I didn't like.

hightower

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 05:36:28 am »
That is okie. You have your points and I think they are fair. I do feel Randal can make America strong again.