Author Topic: [HOW-TO] Fund/register accounts  (Read 1589 times)

AlphaBar

[HOW-TO] Fund/register accounts
« on: December 22, 2014, 12:54:50 am »
When you launch your PTS client you will be asked to enter an account name. This account will remain 'unregistered' until you fund the account and then optionally register the account. If you want to send money to this 'unregistered' account, you need to do the following:

1) Click 'My Accounts' in the left menu bar
2) Click the name of an existing account on this page (or click "Create New Account" to create a new one)
3) On the next page, under your account name, you will see an 'Account Key' which is a long hash address starting with the letters 'PTS...'. This is your account's public key. You can fund your account by sending PTS to this account key.

Post your questions here.

AlphaBar

Re: [HOW-TO] Fund/register accounts
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 12:55:06 am »
reserved

ninja

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 02:13:02 am »
HI,

I cannot register ninja as the account inside the blockchain. It said the account name is a reserved word. I can register this in the bts original wallet. can I reuse it???

AlphaBar

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 03:33:18 am »
HI,

I cannot register ninja as the account inside the blockchain. It said the account name is a reserved word. I can register this in the bts original wallet. can I reuse it???

We reserved some names (including names less than 5 characters) for a variety of reasons. One reason is that because we do not have inflation there is less incentive to run delegates on our chain. It was suggested to charge a premium for shorter and more desirable names in order to incentivize delegates a bit more. These names may be released in a future release for a premium registration fee so be on the lookout for that. Did you register this name as a Keyhotee Founder? If you don't know what that is then it doesn't apply to you, but those names are also a special case.

cc5alive

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 08:21:11 pm »
I'm trying to register my name on the blockchain which is a Keyhotee ID less than 5 letter characters... how do I do this?  I've successfully imported it, but cannot actually register the name.  Or do I even need to?

pc

• CoreTeam
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 10:53:01 am »
We have not (yet) imported keyhotee names with less than 5 characters. For the moment you'll have to use a name >= 5 chars.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de/
My PTS binary packages for CentOS, Fedora, openSUSE: http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Abts&package=PTS
Please donate: pts:cyrano - thanks!

cube

• CoreTeam
  • Bit by bit, we will get there!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 01:28:32 pm »
After you created a new account name (which comes with its account key), please go to http://faucet.cubeconnex.com to complete the registration.
Contribute to the PTS Development Program!
Please send your donation to ID: bitcube