Author Topic: A new brand for a shiny new PTS  (Read 5331 times)

biophil

Re: A new brand for a shiny new PTS
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2014, 06:05:05 pm »
Why not just "Proto?" We can drop the "shares," which always seemed somewhat forced to me anyway.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Yep, I'm the same biophil as the one on the bitsharestalk forum.

PTS account name: biophil

cube

• CoreTeam
  • Bit by bit, we will get there!
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2014, 02:17:15 am »
How about PromoShares?

Since PTS is a demographic, the share droppers are promoting their product.

Maybe we could do something in promoting other things with funding.
Then PTS would become something of a marketing DAC/coin

'PromoShares' is a nice name.  And the 'promoting' idea is good.  Until one sees the short form 'PMS'.  We would not want to be linked to 'PMS', would we?
Contribute to the PTS Development Program!
Please send your donation to ID: bitcube

cube

• CoreTeam
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2014, 02:19:22 am »
Why not just "Proto?" We can drop the "shares," which always seemed somewhat forced to me anyway.

Or 'Protos'?  Let's see how it sounds.  'I sent you 50 PTS'.  I sent you 50 protos.  How does it sound?

bitAndy

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2014, 03:00:07 am »
How about 'Protons'?

''The Oh-My-God particle was an ultra-high-energy cosmic ray (most likely a proton) detected on the evening of 15 October 1991 over Dugway Proving Ground, Utah. Its observation was a shock to astrophysicists (hence the name), who estimated its energy to be approximately 3×1020 eV (3×108 TeV, about 20 million times more energetic than the highest energy measured in radiation emitted by an extragalactic object);[1] in other words, a subatomic particle with kinetic energy equal to that of 50 Joules, or a 5-ounce (142 g) baseball traveling at about 100 kilometers per hour (60 mph).[2]

The particle was traveling very close to the speed of light[3] — assuming the particle was a proton, its speed was only about 1.5 femtometers (quadrillionths of a meter) per second less than the speed of light, translating to a speed of approximately 0.999 999 999 999 999 999 999 9951c.''

They're fast like DPOS, invisible like digital currencies & as long as the universe exists, so will Protons...just like the PTS blockchain (hopefully)!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:05:59 am by bitAndy »

graffenwalder

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2014, 07:12:28 pm »
How about PromoShares?

Since PTS is a demographic, the share droppers are promoting their product.

Maybe we could do something in promoting other things with funding.
Then PTS would become something of a marketing DAC/coin

'PromoShares' is a nice name.  And the 'promoting' idea is good.  Until one sees the short form 'PMS'.  We would not want to be linked to 'PMS', would we?
Haha, yeah didn't think that one through. It would give an extra dimension to the word ticker.

anycoin

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 04:37:51 am »
No cutsey stuff.....Money is  serious business and people will not take a doge approach seriously. If I am not mistaken Doge was supposed to be a joke initially.
PTS needs to be positioned as a secure stable investment product...earns you pieces of multiple businesses (smack me if I get some of this wrong, I am relativly new to it)
The upgrades need to be clearer and all software especially gui's rdy to go when released. Most investors are not software gurus and cli only software is a turnoff. I realize this
whole thing is new and cutting edge..that is just where it needs to go, smooth,polished and plug-n-play with no complicated processes.

cube

• CoreTeam
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 04:48:07 am »
How about 'Protons'?

''The Oh-My-God particle was an ultra-high-energy cosmic ray (most likely a proton) detected on the evening of 15 October 1991 over Dugway Proving Ground, Utah. Its observation was a shock to astrophysicists (hence the name), who estimated its energy to be approximately 3×1020 eV (3×108 TeV, about 20 million times more energetic than the highest energy measured in radiation emitted by an extragalactic object);[1] in other words, a subatomic particle with kinetic energy equal to that of 50 Joules, or a 5-ounce (142 g) baseball traveling at about 100 kilometers per hour (60 mph).[2]

The particle was traveling very close to the speed of light[3] — assuming the particle was a proton, its speed was only about 1.5 femtometers (quadrillionths of a meter) per second less than the speed of light, translating to a speed of approximately 0.999 999 999 999 999 999 999 9951c.''

They're fast like DPOS, invisible like digital currencies & as long as the universe exists, so will Protons...just like the PTS blockchain (hopefully)!

I love the coined name 'protons'!  It is two-syllabus, easy to pronounce, and sounds futuristic.  And we are the super-fast coin of the future. :) 

Any objection to protons?

cube

• CoreTeam
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2014, 04:50:05 am »
No cutsey stuff.....Money is  serious business and people will not take a doge approach seriously. If I am not mistaken Doge was supposed to be a joke initially.
PTS needs to be positioned as a secure stable investment product...earns you pieces of multiple businesses (smack me if I get some of this wrong, I am relativly new to it)
The upgrades need to be clearer and all software especially gui's rdy to go when released. Most investors are not software gurus and cli only software is a turnoff. I realize this
whole thing is new and cutting edge..that is just where it needs to go, smooth,polished and plug-n-play with no complicated processes.

Well said.  But do you know we have a easy-to-use, simple, graphical, grandma-useable Windows GUI wallet?  It is certainly not cli-only software.

Empirical1

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2014, 08:15:41 am »
Protons is good.

I'm fairly certain PTS is toxic in China though and you're probably better off with a completely new name. You might even get on BTC38 again as a no inflation crypto-currency as they already do BTS DPOS. PTS related stuff would be no go for them now.

Athena is a name I've liked. Athena is the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, mathematics, strength and skill. Great qualities for a coin.

Also I don't know how difficult it is to try BitAssets but if you're thinking of it let me know.
I've edited an unreleased video for BTS but I'm more ideologically aligned with a no inflation crypto-money & I have a bigger % stake in PTS, so I would be happy to rebrand with your logos and release my videos under PTS instead. (Some sound and half the screen has been removed on purpose till I release it -   http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iygIMZL-H-8   )
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 06:25:30 pm by Empirical1 »

cube

• CoreTeam
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2014, 08:59:33 am »

Athena is a name I've liked. Athena is the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, mathematics, strength and skill. Great qualities for a coin.

Also I don't know how difficult it is to try BitAssets but if you're thinking of it let me know.
I've edited an unreleased video for BTS but I'm more ideologically aligned with a no inflation crypto-money & I have a bigger % stake in PTS, so I would be happy to rebrand with your logos and release my videos under PTS instead. (Some sound and half the screen has been removed on purpose till I release it - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CoTe-gQVaRw )

I am not too concerned about the Chinese.  I am confidence they would join in when they realised they are mistaken and PTS is for the long haul and not some scam coins. 

A video dedicated to PTS would be much appreciated.

Athena is a lovely name.  Why not spawn off PTS DPOS and let Athena can be the pure bitasset DPOS?  I think there is a demand for it.

Empirical1

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2014, 12:52:00 pm »

I've edited an unreleased video for BTS but I'm more ideologically aligned with a no inflation crypto-money & I have a bigger % stake in PTS, so I would be happy to rebrand with your logos and release my videos under PTS instead. (Some sound and half the screen has been removed on purpose till I release it - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CoTe-gQVaRw )

I am not too concerned about the Chinese.  I am confidence they would join in when they realised they are mistaken and PTS is for the long haul and not some scam coins. 

A video dedicated to PTS would be much appreciated.

Athena is a lovely name.  Why not spawn off PTS DPOS and let Athena can be the pure bitasset DPOS?  I think there is a demand for it.

Ok well that is good, hopefully the Chinese will support it again, Proton is a good name.

If I have time I might make a video for PTS sometime as I still really like the no inflation currency concept.

Regards spawning Athena myself, I don't have much technical skills, I was hoping the Rand Paul dev was going to start a BitAsset DPOS that I could support, but he seems to have gone quiet lately.

cube

• CoreTeam
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2014, 02:00:05 pm »

Ok well that is good, hopefully the Chinese will support it again, Proton is a good name.

If I have time I might make a video for PTS sometime as I still really like the no inflation currency concept.

Regards spawning Athena myself, I don't have much technical skills, I was hoping the Rand Paul dev was going to start a BitAsset DPOS that I could support, but he seems to have gone quiet lately.

Thanks for your kind support and feedback.  PTS needs it. :)

Yes, I think we are slowly reaping the benefits of 'no inflation'.  It is amazing how it is building up confidence.

If you have a deep passion, I encourage you to pursue it.  You do not need technical skills to get it up.  There is no real successful team that is made up of wholly techies. Neither is a team based solely on business/marketing people.  You need a good mix.   What do you like to do?  If you are into business/marketing, then look for a partner who can take care of the technicals.  You are passionate in what you are doing.  There is no reason you do not give it a try.

anycoin

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2014, 11:30:29 am »

Anyway, if PTS turns out to be broadly accepted as a sharedrop token, I'll be thrilled. That's my favorite story about PTS. Bytemaster once said buying PTS was something like buying into "the idea of a DAC." In my opinion, that should be PTS's main message. It should be automatic in potential DAC/coin devs' minds that your project will be crap unless you sharedrop to PTS and win this community over.

We're not greedy people who want a piece of the pie for nothing, we're visionary early-adopters who will propel your project to success!

We have two very different groups of target.

Target 1:  The Grandma (the general consumers, the late adopters)

Target 2:  The Nerd (the IT savvy, the crypto-coin devs)

The sharedrop-token message could very well attract target 2. :)
The sharedrop or the concept of getting a piece of other dacs is EXACTLY what got me intrested.....this is a great callout to investors now granny is a different beast she just wants money to spend and currently crypto does not make sense to her. The younger crowd millenials.....the unbanked.......the laborer market.....teens.......for a currency market this would build PTS in a slow steady fashion. We need the iphone crowd...they know very little about how it works and thinks the internet is on their phone....android the same ..not poking fun at iphone users..lol.  The mobile market is a fast way to get to them. Sorry random thoughts.....

anycoin

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2014, 12:08:06 pm »
"the gift that keeps giving!"  is a good quote.  Somehow it is kind of abstract for a lay person.  'PTS is a gift?' 'From who?'  'For who?'
A coin that grows in value...or maintains......in value?

fuzzy

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2014, 01:18:11 am »
Two words:  PTS University. 

You want to build an entire economy that sharedrops on itself--you start by making people who are very loyal to the project.  You enrich people who join with the wealth knowledge brings...then watch it grow and metamorphosize.