Author Topic: 101 delegates too many?  (Read 3984 times)

randpaulcoindev

Re: 101 delegates too many?
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 08:41:08 pm »

As for my coin is, I look back to 101 from 29 Delegates. My thinking is that people will be able to run these things out of the house. I think smaller network with 25 second blocktimes should be able to handle it. The idea is to get buy-in from people who can work in the console window of windows and use their home computers. I'll write some tutorials about firewalls, etc. There really does not seem to need to VPS's that much (chain servers?), and now, if people do not have to use the command line a lot, just run the CLI window and follow the instructions, then I think we might just be able to get a lot of people excited about being delegates. Of course it will make a profit even less so ... compromises in abundance.

fuzzy

Re: 101 delegates too many?
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2015, 12:12:31 am »

As for my coin is, I look back to 101 from 29 Delegates. My thinking is that people will be able to run these things out of the house. I think smaller network with 25 second blocktimes should be able to handle it. The idea is to get buy-in from people who can work in the console window of windows and use their home computers. I'll write some tutorials about firewalls, etc. There really does not seem to need to VPS's that much (chain servers?), and now, if people do not have to use the command line a lot, just run the CLI window and follow the instructions, then I think we might just be able to get a lot of people excited about being delegates. Of course it will make a profit even less so ... compromises in abundance.

It will only make less profit initially.  I plan on helping build up many communities just like I helped with BTS and I believe that over time we will see a large explosion in the interest of becoming a delegate. 
I'm actually very interested in your project as I was a strong Ron Paul supporter.  I was less of a Rand Paul supporter but honestly think he was just "playing the game"...never-the-less your pivot to RonPaulMoney is one I back.