Author Topic: CyberShares Competitor  (Read 1939 times)

cube

• CoreTeam
  • Bit by bit, we will get there!
Re: CyberShares Competitor
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 04:53:57 am »
I have a quick glance of the 4-page long thread.  Besides the fact that it is a UIA (user-issued-asset), among the many out there, I have no idea what it is really trying to achieve.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:55:28 am by cube »
Contribute to the PTS Development Program!
Please send your donation to ID: bitcube

fuzzy

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 07:59:19 am »
Planning on running a hangout with them in the future since they are sharedropping on BTS.  I will not be doing this on a weekly basis however, because they seem to be sharedropping nothing on PTS/AGS and the amount they are dropping on BTS is in my humble opinion a little low. 

21xhipster

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 08:28:15 pm »
Seems like you guys got company:

http://cybershares.net/sharedrops

http://newsbtc.com/2015/01/11/cybershares-launches-sharedrops-promote-polymorphic-dapps/
I am not sure that we are competitors. PTS have awesome solution (toolkit) which could be used to promote asset through cyber•Shares crosschain network, and, i hope, wise versa: cyber•Wallet based Dapps promoted to PTS audience. So i do have cyber•Shares AND PTS.

I do believe in the future where any Github repo will have token-based audience to honour developers which make possible easy implementation AND startup of more complex projects through intelligent distribution systems.

Build => Analyse dependencies => Get social consensus terms => Distribute tokens. That is where we go.

So i suppose instead of competitive attitude better focus any existing and future communities on possibilities of APPROACH and promoting automagic APPROACH for developers explaining differences in audiences and tools. How do you think?

21xhipster

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 08:41:54 pm »
Planning on running a hangout with them in the future since they are sharedropping on BTS.  I will not be doing this on a weekly basis however, because they seem to be sharedropping nothing on PTS/AGS and the amount they are dropping on BTS is in my humble opinion a little low.
Sorry for pinching. And thank you for saying it. I will explain the logic.
We want to build assets based distribution system to (1) free users from importing keys (different formats across protocols) and (2) make sharedrop conversion rate make sense - user should see asset in the wallet.

We have ~7% reserve which didn't decided yet and will be happy to add personal shares (3%) to sharedrop to reach pretty 10%. I sure that AGS/PTS is the best audience now for our purposes.

So if you guys help to structure (AGS -5%, PTS -5% ?) and implement ideas correctly (what to do with AGS? same asset as for PTS?) - lets do it.

According to BTS - There is only 100%. We don't want to call some community better than other - that is principle. That is why 10% for each. Could you tell me at least one reason why BTS is better than MaidSafe? or Ethereum? That is subjective for now. Everybody cool. Also one of cyber•Shares principle - is people not chains. So we need to be chain agnostic and remain flexible in future which is hard to predict (black swan?)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:53:21 pm by 21xhipster »

fuzzy

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 06:57:10 am »
We want to build assets based distribution system to (1) free users from importing keys (different formats across protocols) and (2) make sharedrop conversion rate make sense - user should see asset in the wallet.

We have ~7% reserve which didn't decided yet and will be happy to add personal shares (3%) to sharedrop to reach pretty 10%. I sure that AGS/PTS is the best audience now for our purposes.

So if you guys help to structure (AGS -5%, PTS -5% ?) and implement ideas correctly (what to do with AGS? same asset as for PTS?) - lets do it.

According to BTS - There is only 100%. We don't want to call some community better than other - that is principle. That is why 10% for each. Could you tell me at least one reason why BTS is better than MaidSafe? or Ethereum? That is subjective for now. Everybody cool. Also one of cyber•Shares principle - is people not chains. So we need to be chain agnostic and remain flexible in future which is hard to predict (black swan?)

First please allow me to clarify.  I work for the people in all of these communities so I naturally want to always ensure the most given to them as possible.  My way of doing this is providing more time with the devs connecting to the communities and more content that will come from the hangouts that is creative commons and freely shared. 

2nd I 100% agree that the balances should be easily available right in the client without the need to import keys...however I am not altogether certain how you intend to accomplish this. 

3rd I appreciate your consideration for PTS/AGS.  Just know that each chain offers a different kind of value for sharedropping and you should be ok :) 

21xhipster

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 07:19:46 pm »
First please allow me to clarify.  I work for the people in all of these communities so I naturally want to always ensure the most given to them as possible.  My way of doing this is providing more time with the devs connecting to the communities and more content that will come from the hangouts that is creative commons and freely shared.
That is cool! Welcome to cybertalks.org ;-)

2nd I 100% agree that the balances should be easily available right in the client without the need to import keys...however I am not altogether certain how you intend to accomplish this. 
That is definitely experiment. But in long run it doesn't seems impossible.
I want to remember that we don't ask nobody, nothing (nor money, nor participation). We assume that:
1. Almost any DApp will want to use several blockchains.
2. Almost any DApp will use similar to UIA tokens to maintain internal capital and motivation.
3. Almost any DApp will require similar to cyber•Shares functionality.
So of course we hope that we will get some support to accomplish our ideas especially that cyber•Shares token will be possessed (not seen, not heard) by 30k+ already involved and very smart guys...
[/quote]

3rd I appreciate your consideration for PTS/AGS.  Just know that each chain offers a different kind of value for sharedropping and you should be ok :)
As you so involved could you help to align terms and of mechanics of 10% sharedrop to AGS/PTS holders?
- UIA in PTS is not active yet.
- How to identify AGS holders?
- Should they use PTS for importing keys?

cube

• CoreTeam
  • Bit by bit, we will get there!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 11:26:29 am »
That is cool! Welcome to cybertalks.org ;-)

That is definitely experiment. But in long run it doesn't seems impossible.
I want to remember that we don't ask nobody, nothing (nor money, nor participation). We assume that:
1. Almost any DApp will want to use several blockchains.
2. Almost any DApp will use similar to UIA tokens to maintain internal capital and motivation.
3. Almost any DApp will require similar to cyber•Shares functionality.
So of course we hope that we will get some support to accomplish our ideas especially that cyber•Shares token will be possessed (not seen, not heard) by 30k+ already involved and very smart guys...

As you so involved could you help to align terms and of mechanics of 10% sharedrop to AGS/PTS holders?
- UIA in PTS is not active yet.
- How to identify AGS holders?
- Should they use PTS for importing keys?
[/quote]

Fuz helped me in understanding what you are planning to do. And thanks for considering PTS/AGS as sharedropp target.  PTS has not activated UIA because there is no current needs to do so. 

Tell us how you intend to sharedrop to PTS/AGS and we can work out a way to enable that.
Contribute to the PTS Development Program!
Please send your donation to ID: bitcube

randpaulcoindev

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 09:02:05 pm »

What percent are you not sharedropping on an existing coin?