Author Topic: to-do list  (Read 2564 times)

randpaulcoindev

to-do list
« on: January 03, 2015, 09:56:56 pm »
I am going to rewrite the original ANN for our rebranding of the launch.
The current one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=848182.0

Compiles
---------
Windows - I can do
Linux GUI - Either PC or Cube volunteered this - so it seems likely.
Mac - Cube has kindly volunteered.

Coding
---------
Current goal Finish out a sharedrop json file to compile into the binary/genesis block.

Doge - Chain downloaded - Want to contact their community for advice.
RPC - v.1 done
BTC - Started but failed to run to completion. ~12+ hour process.
PTS - Using the combined json from bitshares.org
AGS - See above
Github - Need to create
--Create diffs of source used for creation of each snapshot.

Features to be done
-------------
Constants requiring change - block time, number of delegates, Bitshares reference.
Artwork changed out.
Implement the signed claiming feature.

Scripts to be written
-------------
Sharedrop management script - In progress.  Forking build_sharedrop.py

Questions to be answered
--------------
What to do with Cryptsy.
What about any other large address?  mining pool?
Is it likely we could have a superior peg mechanism?

Dreams
-------------
A changetip clone where people could tips like RonPaulGold RPGs and RPS for RonPaulSilver.
Possibly a superior peg mechanism learning from mistakes others may have made.
A system of donations although we might just hardcode it straight towards Rand. Various things need to be considered. How much can we give?  Legal ramifications? Code constraints. Do we wait for Bitshares to introduce a proposal voting system? And so on ...

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:19:49 pm by randpaulcoindev »

pc

• CoreTeam
Re: to-do list
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 10:57:15 am »
Welcome!

Compiles
---------
Windows - I can do
Linux GUI - Not going to provide.

I can create linux packages for several distributions.

PTS - Need to research official sources
AGS - Need to research official sources

http://ptsags.quisquis.de/ has AGS snapshots that have been compared with agsexplorer.com (and actually uncovered a few bugs in *their* code). It also has the latest PTS snapshots. The latest PTS client (CLI) also has a switch to create daily snapshots in a given directory.

Implement the signed claiming feature.

Which codebase are you using? With the tremendous pace of BTS, applying my implementation to the current BTS code is not trivial.
Plus, my implementation will have to be adapted to 1) DOGE and 2) PTS-DPOS. The latter is on my todo list anyway.

Scripts to be written
-------------
I need to find/modify a global balance scaling program that resizes all the sharedrops to their right proportions.

The genesis creation script used by http://ptsags.quisquis.de/ can be extended easily to include other/more sharedrops.

If we can help with anything else, just ask!
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de/
My PTS binary packages for CentOS, Fedora, openSUSE: http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Abts&package=PTS
Please donate: pts:cyrano - thanks!

randpaulcoindev

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 12:16:11 pm »

We might get a linux package if someone is capable and competent in creating such a thing. I'm just trying to cut down on things promised so we're not under delivering.

Yea I went to ptsags.quisquis.de and am using that as the source. I remembered the snapshot page from asking about how to create snapshots. :)

The claiming by signing may just be left off of bitcoin and doge. The simple reason is that people can easily create a new wallet with new private key. Adding layers just means more people coming around asking dumb questions. Sad but true.

Which codebase am I using? That is a good question. I assumed whatever the current release version is what I will fork. Any advice in this area would be appreciated.

cube

• CoreTeam
  • Bit by bit, we will get there!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 04:16:45 am »

We might get a linux package if someone is capable and competent in creating such a thing. I'm just trying to cut down on things promised so we're not under delivering.

Yea I went to ptsags.quisquis.de and am using that as the source. I remembered the snapshot page from asking about how to create snapshots. :)

The claiming by signing may just be left off of bitcoin and doge. The simple reason is that people can easily create a new wallet with new private key. Adding layers just means more people coming around asking dumb questions. Sad but true.

Which codebase am I using? That is a good question. I assumed whatever the current release version is what I will fork. Any advice in this area would be appreciated.

Most users who uses linux tend to be technies. They would know how to compile.

I think claminng-by-signing function could be modified to take care of bitcoin and doge. 

vikram suggested using the bitshare_toolkit branch.  I would add that seeking out a stable release is important. There were a few releases with tx/wallet problems.
Contribute to the PTS Development Program!
Please send your donation to ID: bitcube

randpaulcoindev

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 09:45:31 am »

Most users who uses linux tend to be technies. They would know how to compile.

I think claminng-by-signing function could be modified to take care of bitcoin and doge. 

vikram suggested using the bitshare_toolkit branch.  I would add that seeking out a stable release is important. There were a few releases with tx/wallet problems.

Did Vikram specify this in private messages or was there a thread ? If a thread - Any ideas where to find it?

I am just aiming to get a testnet out there so people can start playing with it. The problem is github and accomplishing this. I do not want to fork the wrong branch then have it sitting around uglying up the repo.

pc

• CoreTeam
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 10:04:53 am »

Did Vikram specify this in private messages or was there a thread ? If a thread - Any ideas where to find it?

I am just aiming to get a testnet out there so people can start playing with it. The problem is github and accomplishing this. I do not want to fork the wrong branch then have it sitting around uglying up the repo.

https://github.com/PTS-DPOS/PTS/issues/1

Our current claim-by-signedmsg code already handles bitcoin + the old PTS. Adding DOGE would probably only be a small modification.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de/
My PTS binary packages for CentOS, Fedora, openSUSE: http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Abts&package=PTS
Please donate: pts:cyrano - thanks!

jwiz168

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 07:04:22 am »
so what does RPM will use for snapshot? PTS-pow or PTS-dpos and when ? so that I can be ready to install and verify my stake and have my delegates ready.
wallet_account_set_approval delegate.mejwiz 1

randpaulcoindev

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 07:24:18 am »
so what does RPM will use for snapshot? PTS-pow or PTS-dpos and when ? so that I can be ready to install and verify my stake and have my delegates ready.

November 5th snapshots of PTS so that is PTS-pow.

I'm working on testnet as we speak, nothing seems difficult yet. I still have to setup a server somewhere for it. If you are really interested in being active then we could use your existing server as the initial server.  Otherwise I need to find another VPS.

I want to get the initial testnet out and running ASAP but then I wonder if I should try to swap out the artwork first.  Otherwise it'll say Bitshares etc on the splash screen.  Ugh.  Maybe I will just put in a Randall coin ! hahaha..  I still want to code it to support Randall by a portion of transaction fees then burn a tiny amount.

hightower

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 10:37:26 am »
I am new to PTS. I bought my PTS a few days ago. Does it mean I am not eligible? I am so sad. Can you use the latest PTS?

jwiz168

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 12:03:19 am »

I'm working on testnet as we speak, nothing seems difficult yet. I still have to setup a server somewhere for it. If you are really interested in being active then we could use your existing server as the initial server.  Otherwise I need to find another VPS.

I want to get the initial testnet out and running ASAP but then I wonder if I should try to swap out the artwork first.  Otherwise it'll say Bitshares etc on the splash screen.  Ugh.  Maybe I will just put in a Randall coin ! hahaha..  I still want to code it to support Randall by a portion of transaction fees then burn a tiny amount.

I don't have enough resources to run a test chain sorry. Its just limited to be a delegate once the chain is alive.
wallet_account_set_approval delegate.mejwiz 1

randpaulcoindev

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 10:27:48 pm »

I don't have enough resources to run a test chain sorry. Its just limited to be a delegate once the chain is alive.

After my 1 month hiatus I felt a need to get something out there as quick as possible. I have since changed my mind and am going to be a bit more slow and deliberate. I'm still gathering a list though for anyone who wants to run a delegate.

hightower

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 08:40:44 am »
You have lost momentum for that 1 month. You are going to lose momentum again?

randpaulcoindev

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 07:58:40 am »
You have lost momentum for that 1 month. You are going to lose momentum again?

Well, it is unfortunate about the momentum but we're at a golden spot in the crypto-world to get this going. Regardless it is still a lot of learning and other various things. I agree it is time. I'm going to be update/restructuring TODO list and likely be logging my dev machine off the net next week to try and get a testnet up.

Realize there are many things we are trying to balance. Throwing testnets up and having people burned out because I ask them for constant updates isn't a good idea. The testing needs to be done on my testnet to make sure I didn't break anything. I also don't want it saying BitShares all over the place. I want people to share in the passion of the project. Maybe I will have lost momentum but at least I created something. (Even if the code wasn't mine!)