Author Topic: Registration  (Read 922 times)

anycoin

Registration
« on: December 31, 2014, 04:38:47 am »
I just paid 100 PTS  to register my username which seems a little high..was wondering if this is due to the new valuation.
signed
ElCheapo

cube

• CoreTeam
  • Bit by bit, we will get there!
Re: Registration
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 05:10:07 am »
I just paid 100 PTS  to register my username which seems a little high..was wondering if this is due to the new valuation.
signed
ElCheapo

Well, the registration fee is not high at all after one considers this is the only revenue generation, besides volunteers' goodwills,  for the resources (software development+business development+marketing+delegates' pay for network security) that are needed to grow and maintain a strong PTS 2.0.

Recall :

PTS POW (ie OLD PTS) was designed to have a total money supply of 2 millions in about 2 years. At the time of upgrade, a total of 1.76 million PTS was mined. These 1.76 million tokens are scaled up to the new PTS-DPOS supply of 2 billions. The difference (2 millions - 1.76 millions) is the reduction in PTS supply.  Lower PTS supply means the new PTS is worth more. There is no re-distribution of PTS.  If you have 1 OLD PTS, you will get about 567 new PTS (after scaled up to meet the new total supply).

PTS POW has a 1% inflation target.  The new PTS DPOS has zero inflation and it may even become deflationary when delegates start using burn-rate ie burning PTS. Imagine when the total number of PTS in circulation goes down, what happens to your holding of PTS.  Would it worth more? 

As it is, PTS 2.0 has no other source of income besides transactions+registration fee and hopefully in-the-not-so-future public donations.  PTS DPOS is a very rare coin where the developers keep the interest of its user at heart.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 07:38:38 am by cube »
Contribute to the PTS Development Program!
Please send your donation to ID: bitcube