Author Topic: New delegate proposal: btstools.digitalgaia and some more stuff  (Read 1465 times)

wackou

New delegate proposal: btstools.digitalgaia and some more stuff
« on: December 06, 2014, 01:10:40 pm »
Hi all,

I'd like to participate in the initial selection of delegate, here are a few of the keys I have created:

Code: [Select]
btstools0.digitalgaia            PTS6TwfBVWrNDNpXGjbnyQ8ao6JH4oB9QxbpfiuG7vGoAUoXKVofN
btstools1.digitalgaia            PTS544EVERmExAGU84nQzthJ1ceKb326bHFcoke7p5363zacxHDWt
btstools2.digitalgaia            PTS54Tr3i4jGgrHPwvovfeJ2R9ARgap9WhpLQaBDpabMoX9jhhYfZ
btstools3.digitalgaia            PTS8ireZp4bnodtRtecSWEd2vyLB3iECd4QY3sbpf2xgyBzLYSp9m
btstools4.digitalgaia            PTS6Z7JdhTcizjSSxiiT1NXjaaV3dcZJ51JSy6MVyoxLqZWjWUtDV
btstools5.digitalgaia            PTS7fCfALU5Kai7s7AjEGzg3a5tNty1djro9tc43GikmeWX3h9H4u
btstools6.digitalgaia            PTS8URo4CPCwWbkBLko5Zjt2y1EeAonWwdJ8bQTikSGugMaS57pWn
btstools7.digitalgaia            PTS56Jj76uaRfhueYRwEBZDrkGCLKQXiwCbUYbjgDMNqxjqGWd3Ld
btstools8.digitalgaia            PTS6gwAsCk3KdkDNFAeNqPMVbHy7f9BXD5raucCbEMM1wyusehSsU
btstools9.digitalgaia            PTS6r46ZN89GLtEXuHoZamanDtdDmN1pSrNvfRwi8LmFMBAG6Wfoc

As you can see, I have made 10 but feel free to include fewer if that seems much, but I had the impression from the discussions that there was a dire need of delegates with potentially multiple accounts, so that's why.

A small comment: the wallet_import_by_signedmsg method is pure genius, still a bit cumbersome to use but really, any new crypto{currency,equity} that wants to sharedrop another one should use this instead of direct import of private keys.  +5%

Back to the dry run: not sure what's the exact expected behavior, but I tried to register my accounts (for fun!), and after the 3rd one it failed in a weird way, as I paid:

10.012083 PTS for btstools0
10.012674 PTS for btstools1
10.013266 PTS for btstools2

and then got:

36002 insufficient_fee: insufficient fee

{"required_fees":{"amount":10013851,"asset_id":0},"alt_fees_paid":{"amount":0,"asset_id":0},"xts_fees":{"amount":10013266,"asset_id":0}}
    th_a  transaction_evaluation_state.cpp:83 validate_required_fee

when my balance was 56,651.268303 PTS

I tried registering it again a couple of minutes later, and then it went through... ???
Seems like it didn't go through because I had the other transactions still pending... You can reproduce easily by registering multiple delegate quickly in a row.
EDIT: actually I saw that even the first ones were all registered in different blocks, so it seems like that you cannot register 2 delegate accounts in the same block... Not sure if that's also a BTS limitation?

And to end in a more positive note: I am adapting my bts_tools (see: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11857.0 and http://digitalgaia.io/btstools.html) to be able to work with the new PTS client, will let you know when it works (I will probably create a new thread here then to announce it)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:16:26 pm by wackou »

pc

Re: New delegate proposal: btstools.digitalgaia and some more stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 05:49:51 pm »
I'd like to participate in the initial selection of delegate, here are a few of the keys I have created:

Thanks! We'll use one of the keys for the non-delegate parent account and the remaining for delegate candidates.

Back to the dry run: not sure what's the exact expected behavior, but I tried to register my accounts (for fun!), and after the 3rd one it failed in a weird way, as I paid:

10.012083 PTS for btstools0
10.012674 PTS for btstools1
10.013266 PTS for btstools2

and then got:

36002 insufficient_fee: insufficient fee

{"required_fees":{"amount":10013851,"asset_id":0},"alt_fees_paid":{"amount":0,"asset_id":0},"xts_fees":{"amount":10013266,"asset_id":0}}
    th_a  transaction_evaluation_state.cpp:83 validate_required_fee

when my balance was 56,651.268303 PTS

I tried registering it again a couple of minutes later, and then it went through... ???

I think there's a race condition: the delegate registration fee depends on the current average delegate payouts. Since we're paying delegates from tx fees, the payout will increase if you register one delegate, so registering the next delegate will cost a little bit more. Now, if a new block with a delegate reg tx is created just while your client is creating another delegate reg tx it can happen that the fee in the newly created tx is no longer sufficient when tx creation is complete.

And to end in a more positive note: I am adapting my bts_tools (see: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11857.0 and http://digitalgaia.io/btstools.html) to be able to work with the new PTS client, will let you know when it works (I will probably create a new thread here then to announce it)

Wow, cool! Thanks!
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de/
My PTS binary packages for CentOS, Fedora, openSUSE: http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Abts&package=PTS
Please donate: pts:cyrano - thanks!

wackou

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 08:57:01 pm »
Thanks! We'll use one of the keys for the non-delegate parent account and the remaining for delegate candidates.

Ah, so that answers a question that occurred to me this afternoon, where I was wondering if there wouldn't be an issue if you included those keys in the genesis block and then someone registered the parent account before I could, thus preventing me from getting the children account registered. I see you have already covered that!
In any case, here's the current key I have for the parent account:
digitalgaia                      PTS7cWRh2awgGm9spERFPHHG9L5Ukrb3qwjQmcdFKMX6qZ1k4MdXb(Not sure if there's a relation between the keys from parent/child account or not, for safety maybe it's better to use this one)

Wow, cool! Thanks!

well, thank you! To be honest, I'm really happy that someone took over the Protoshares after they were abandoned by the BitShares guys. After being first surprised/angry/disappointed, I now understand why they did it and see why it was the only choice really to move forward (I'm still a huge BitShares fan, no doubt there :P).

I do believe however that Protoshares was (and still is) a brilliant idea and provides a service to the cryptocurrency community at large that extends beyond BitShares as a tool for sharedropping any new cryptocurrency that needs it (such as (D)POS coins, which I believe are superior to POW ones, but which have the problem of fair initial distribution)

wackou

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 08:59:09 pm »
while we're at it, could I also reserve this ID?

wackou                             PTS62CLkj2c9jPVsRyox1d9sePHGf8bTURcpMWu44vUScZAFYDkVi
Thanks! :D

pc

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 09:38:53 pm »

wackou                             PTS62CLkj2c9jPVsRyox1d9sePHGf8bTURcpMWu44vUScZAFYDkVi

Added.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de/
My PTS binary packages for CentOS, Fedora, openSUSE: http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Abts&package=PTS
Please donate: pts:cyrano - thanks!

wackou

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 06:36:24 pm »
btw, just wanted to mention that the bts_tools work correctly to build and monitor pts clients (at least they did for dry run #2). You still have to get if from github master, though, I'll make a release in the coming days after I checked the code works with the released version of the new PTS code.

quick guide:
$ bts build pts
$ bts run pts

# edit ~/.bts_tools/config.yaml to configure your delegate names
$ bts monitor