Author Topic: Secure sharedrops without private key import  (Read 4762 times)

mira

Re: Secure sharedrops without private key import
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2014, 08:52:55 pm »
Very nice feature.   ;)

I want to share with you my experience in using this feature. I have two PTS wallet-qt (both windows) installed (v0.8.5.0-unk-beta, and v1.0.0.0-unk-beta). When I used v0.8.5.0 to sign the message, the signature produced does not work. It means the claim failed.

To work around, I dumped the private key from v0.8.5.0 wallet and imported it into v1.0.0.0. And then I used v1.0.0.0 wallet to sign the same message. It works now.

For people who still using very old wallet (like me), please pay attention to this.   :)

Good to know this.  Thank you!  The wiki page has been updated with this information. 
http://pts.cubeconnex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Secure_Asset_Import
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 09:12:41 pm by mira »

llildur

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 09:45:03 am »
Hi guys,

Im stuck with my old wallet Bitshares-Pts v.1.0.0, try to transfer assets by sign a message to a new PTS wallet but i can't, this wallet never go online since i created so i just send funds on it, today i restore the wallet in an online computer to recover the snapshot from all bitshares projects but it never finish to sync, remain stopped 13 hours ago, when i try dumpprivkey in console, get the following message:   Private key for address PeXRGLMdXRZdBfJZD6x9b6FbrL8LcEs7TK is not known (code -4)

I even create a new one but is the same issue: Private key for address Ps6Nwammj1Ff4ha4xBRDjBCzYCZErZj9Y4 is not known (code -4)

My tag is Lucke in the old wallet but when atach the parameters in comand line on new wallet say:

>> wallet_import_by_signedmsg Lucke PeXRGLMdXRZdBfJZD6x9b6FbrL8LcEs7TK

20017 invalid_name: invalid account name
Invalid account name!
    {"account_name":"Lucke"}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:3661 bts::wallet::wallet::get_account_public_key

bitshares  wallet.cpp:3678 bts::wallet::wallet::get_account_public_key

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:835 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_import_by_signedmsg

{"command":"wallet_import_by_signedmsg"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:556 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command

As you can see is not much what i have in this account but for me is important recover this funds, and the snapshot for DNS PLAY and NOTE and of course the new PTS.

Please any thoughts or suggestios????

llildur

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 10:49:46 am »
Hi guys,

Im stuck with my old wallet Bitshares-Pts v.1.0.0, try to transfer assets by sign a message to a new PTS wallet but i can't, this wallet never go online since i created so i just send funds on it, today i restore the wallet in an online computer to recover the snapshot from all bitshares projects but it never finish to sync, remain stopped 13 hours ago, when i try dumpprivkey in console, get the following message:   Private key for address PeXRGLMdXRZdBfJZD6x9b6FbrL8LcEs7TK is not known (code -4)

I even create a new one but is the same issue: Private key for address Ps6Nwammj1Ff4ha4xBRDjBCzYCZErZj9Y4 is not known (code -4)

My tag is Lucke in the old wallet but when atach the parameters in comand line on new wallet say:

>> wallet_import_by_signedmsg Lucke PeXRGLMdXRZdBfJZD6x9b6FbrL8LcEs7TK

20017 invalid_name: invalid account name
Invalid account name!
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:3661 bts::wallet::wallet::get_account_public_key

bitshares  wallet.cpp:3678 bts::wallet::wallet::get_account_public_key

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:835 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_import_by_signedmsg

{"command":"wallet_import_by_signedmsg"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:556 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command

As you can see is not much what i have in this account but for me is important recover this funds, and the snapshot for DNS PLAY and NOTE and of course the new PTS.

Please any thoughts or suggestios????

Problem solved  8) 8) 8)

I just replace the name Lucke to a new one with lowercase letters that's all and booomm problem solved  ;D  :D

pc

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 11:29:53 am »

Problem solved  8) 8) 8)

Glad to hear it. And welcome! :-)
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de/
My PTS binary packages for CentOS, Fedora, openSUSE: http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Abts&package=PTS
Please donate: pts:cyrano - thanks!

llildur

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 04:13:30 am »

Problem solved  8) 8) 8)

Thanks i've been following this proyect since a year ago but silent, i do believe that PTS can make it well not just for bitshares but for third party proyects the most, that's why im bullish on PTS even when great part of comunity just don't seems to care, keep the great work guys  +5%

hightower

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 09:59:13 am »

Problem solved  8) 8) 8)

Thanks i've been following this proyect since a year ago but silent, i do believe that PTS can make it well not just for bitshares but for third party proyects the most, that's why im bullish on PTS even when great part of comunity just don't seems to care, keep the great work guys  +5%

I am surprise too. The new wallet is very easy to use and has been reliable. Very good  +5%