Author Topic: TODO / DONE  (Read 3631 times)

pc

• CoreTeam
TODO / DONE
« on: November 17, 2014, 09:24:46 am »
This post is supposed to be our pre-launch checklist for administrative items. There's a corresponding list for technical items in the technical section of this forum. Please feel free to post additional suggestions in this thread, I'll try to keep the OP updated. And we need volunteers - if you want to contribute in any way, please tell us!

TODO

* Move forum to ptstalk.com - in progress (fuzzy, cube)

DONE

* Decide future configuration (team)
* Handle angel fund problem (AlphaBar)
* Get OK from I3 (AlphaBar)
* Create PTS website (AlphaBar)
* Define snapshot date / launch date (team)
* Launch PTS website (AlphaBar)
* Announce PTS upgrade to DPOS in forums: BTT, bitsharestalk (AlphaBar)
* Find volunteers to run init delegates (team)
* Contact exchanges (AlphaBar)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:58:21 am by pc »
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de/
My PTS binary packages for CentOS, Fedora, openSUSE: http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Abts&package=PTS
Please donate: pts:cyrano - thanks!

cube

• CoreTeam
  • Bit by bit, we will get there!
Re: TODO / DONE
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 12:20:47 pm »
I think PTS website should be best taken up by AlphaBar.  He is our marketing man.  I am working with fuzzy on ptstalk.org. It would be a simple setup.  I have contacted bter on our intention to upgrade to DPOS.  bter is aware and positive. However, we are not ready yet.  Once we have made a good dry run, we can set a date, with sufficient announcement time to the users, for snapshot and roll-out. 

@AlphaBar
From the time we are ready to the actual roll-out, can we have some marketing buzz? ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 12:35:34 pm by cube »
Contribute to the PTS Development Program!
Please send your donation to ID: bitcube

freetrade

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 08:26:28 am »
I think PTS website should be best taken up by AlphaBar.  He is our marketing man.  I am working with fuzzy on ptstalk.org. It would be a simple setup.  I have contacted bter on our intention to upgrade to DPOS.  bter is aware and positive. However, we are not ready yet.  Once we have made a good dry run, we can set a date, with sufficient announcement time to the users, for snapshot and roll-out. 

Feels a bit like we're losing momentum . . . I think there's a case for choosing and announcing the snapshot date (end of life date) for PTS PoW. Is December 1st too soon?

cube

• CoreTeam
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 04:05:05 pm »
There are work going on (hidden) in the background and unfortunately we do have limitation on our ends. 

A gentle reminder for the not-so-patient: We are working purely on volunteered free time, mostly unpredictable but usually motivated. We like to invite more volunteers (you) to help out.

fuzzy

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 09:16:34 am »

Feels a bit like we're losing momentum . . . I think there's a case for choosing and announcing the snapshot date (end of life date) for PTS PoW. Is December 1st too soon?

Gaining momentum really has a great deal to do with having ease of communication and contact between Devs and Investors.  I am a broken record on this though so I'll stop pushing for Dev Hangouts. :P

@AlphaBar
From the time we are ready to the actual roll-out, can we have some marketing buzz? ;)

I suggest you guys get set up over here:  http://forum.nullstreet.com/

Methodx and a large number of BTS community members are coordinating marketing as we speak.  I have already checked, and almost all of them also hold PTS...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:51:54 am by fuzzy »

AlphaBar

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 02:14:12 am »
pc - I suggest an update to the list to reflect recent changes. Also, I think we will need a block explorer, so it would be good to add that to the list.

cube

• CoreTeam
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 03:49:48 am »
pc - I suggest an update to the list to reflect recent changes. Also, I think we will need a block explorer, so it would be good to add that to the list.

pc is making arrangement for a block explorer. We do need to update the TODO.

fuzzy

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 05:15:34 pm »
If there is anything I can help you guys with, please keep me notified so I can. 

pc

• CoreTeam
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 08:31:06 pm »
I don't know how tech-savvy you are, but we need DNS seeders, seed nodes, delegates and so on... choose any three. :-)

Or maybe you're more of an evangelist / community manager type, then you should work together with AlphaBar.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de/
My PTS binary packages for CentOS, Fedora, openSUSE: http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Abts&package=PTS
Please donate: pts:cyrano - thanks!

cube

• CoreTeam
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 09:07:26 pm »
I don't know how tech-savvy you are, but we need DNS seeders, seed nodes, delegates and so on... choose any three. :-)

Or maybe you're more of an evangelist / community manager type, then you should work together with AlphaBar.

And a good one :)

fuzzy

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 01:27:48 am »

I would like to become more well-rounded.  If anyone is interested in making a step-by-step checklist on the best practices for properly setting up, securing and updating a server I would like to start there.  However, I have no issues with being a community manager here (not in the BTS SuperDAC chain).  As such, I would promise to promptly answer questions needed answered to the best of my degree and open up more time for you guys to do what you need to do.  With that said...

I worked on a different logo for PTS.  We should, imho, get Cass to design it (and pay for that).  Otherwise, we should try to stick with designs that are minimalist and elegant like his.  I am not anywhere near as good as he is, but here is a link to the forum thread where I intend to post some alternatives...Definitely need a change from the current one though--no offense meant.

http://pts.cubeconnex.com/index.php?topic=39.msg312#msg312
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:07:22 am by fuzzy »

cube

• CoreTeam
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 07:46:44 am »
Today is a happy day for all and a milestone reached. :)

@pc,
please update OP. Thanks.

fuzzy

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 11:11:48 pm »
Forums are now PTStalk.org.  Please contact me if details are needed.  I MIGHT have done it wrong...

Though it seems right, it might not be done by the best practice for this particular usage.  If so please discuss.

mira

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 11:47:54 pm »
Forums are now PTStalk.org.  Please contact me if details are needed.  I MIGHT have done it wrong...

Though it seems right, it might not be done by the best practice for this particular usage.  If so please discuss.

I checked the link, and it leads exactly back to here (pts.cubeconnex.com).  Is that what was intended?

fuzzy

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 11:53:46 pm »

I checked the link, and it leads exactly back to here (pts.cubeconnex.com).  Is that what was intended?

no.  just messaged cube about it actually.  I walked through it to get it assigned to PTStalk.org.  What I was shown was apparently a work around.  it works for now, but it will be changed further.