Author Topic: branding decisions..  (Read 1373 times)

randpaulcoindev

branding decisions..
« on: January 06, 2015, 10:17:50 am »

So originally we started out with RandPaulCoinDeflationary !  RPCD

Deflationary in name states what it is, but name is bulky.  Rand is not near as charismastic as his father.  However he is more in the news!  Fuzzy from bitsharestalk did a lot of promotional effort under this original name which helped build our original core base.

Then we went with RPM and Ron not Rand. Ron has proven himself a man of convictions while Randall has shown himself to be a politician. I do not judge Rand for that but this is the name of the currency that the coin will be stuck with.

Someone stated money is bland. It is better than coin! However I wonder if I should not consider Dollars ? Ron Paul Dollars?

The reason for considering Dollars is because I was thinking about new artwork and what would work. The Silver Certificates from back before the Federal Reserve are an interesting thing to use as the basis. The old Continental type money was quite bland. The Silver Certificates though could work well.  So therefore Ron Paul Dollars. But it is a Silver Certificate.  Not exactly accurate but it helps get the point across. Change around some of the text etc.

Input by any parties will be appreciated.

Empirical1

Re: branding decisions..
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 01:57:15 pm »
Dollars are perhaps too associated with fiat imo. I don't find money bland myself and it allows you to have Ron Paul branded dollars, certificates, gold coins etc.

Apologies, I have a stake in this & PTS but haven't been contributing much input lately. Focusing on BitShares atm as I really want them to have a good next few months. A rising tide will lift all DPOS boats imo.

randpaulcoindev

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 06:24:00 pm »
Dollars are perhaps too associated with fiat imo. I don't find money bland myself and it allows you to have Ron Paul branded dollars, certificates, gold coins etc.

Apologies, I have a stake in this & PTS but haven't been contributing much input lately. Focusing on BitShares atm as I really want them to have a good next few months. A rising tide will lift all DPOS boats imo.

We are missing some of our supports on bitcointalk.  I need to talk to Fuzz a bit too but TBH I need to finish up the wallet so that the first testnet has everything fixed.

After my hiatus I feel a need to try and get a client out there as quick as possible.  Now I'm realizing I won't really be helping anyone if it says Bitshares all over the place etc.  I am suspecting this is not the way to rebuild any momentum.  A lot of testnets that look like bitsharesx.

I am also considering changing the robots.  Bitmessage has an interesting visual hash that looks like a snowflake but is not likely available in javascript.  Perhaps!  Regardless I think we're going to polish up the wallet first.

robrigo

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 02:47:08 am »

We are missing some of our supports on bitcointalk.  I need to talk to Fuzz a bit too but TBH I need to finish up the wallet so that the first testnet has everything fixed.

After my hiatus I feel a need to try and get a client out there as quick as possible.  Now I'm realizing I won't really be helping anyone if it says Bitshares all over the place etc.  I am suspecting this is not the way to rebuild any momentum.  A lot of testnets that look like bitsharesx.

I am also considering changing the robots.  Bitmessage has an interesting visual hash that looks like a snowflake but is not likely available in javascript.  Perhaps!  Regardless I think we're going to polish up the wallet first.

I would consider taking your time to tweak the RAND (can we call it RAND on the exchanges?! or maybe PAUL lol)  bitshares fork, doing the rebrand and releasing the initial wallet when a stable 1.0 version hits. I believe this is the approach Sparkle (PoW BitShares) is taking. Therefore you don't have to rush to get anything out and you can make sure that your first release is fairly stable with latent bugs rooted out.

randpaulcoindev

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 10:26:33 pm »

I would consider taking your time to tweak the RAND (can we call it RAND on the exchanges?! or maybe PAUL lol)  bitshares fork, doing the rebrand and releasing the initial wallet when a stable 1.0 version hits. I believe this is the approach Sparkle (PoW BitShares) is taking. Therefore you don't have to rush to get anything out and you can make sure that your first release is fairly stable with latent bugs rooted out.

I tend to agree. I do not have it in me to hype too much. I want to pull in people interested as delegates and not have them become  sick of the upgrade process. So I'll likely setup a testnet and a github at some point and people can play around but not really an official testnet. I won't be actively asking for help testnet delegate help. So the desire of others to help is not wasted on pointless revisions because I missed changing some constant somewhere etc.