Author Topic: BitShares delegate tools - build, run and monitor the bts client for delegates  (Read 1774 times)

wackou

Hi all,

just wanted to let you know that I released a version of the bts_tools I developed for BitShares that now fully support PTS, too 8)

You can find the main description in the bitsharestalk post here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12534.0

If you like them, please also vote for me in the BitShares world! :)

AlphaBar

• CoreTeam
 +5% Great work!

wackou

Thanks! If anyone has question/doubts/etc. on how to set it up or configure it, I'll be happy to answer questions in this thread

cube

• CoreTeam
  • Bit by bit, we will get there!
Thanks! If anyone has question/doubts/etc. on how to set it up or configure it, I'll be happy to answer questions in this thread

I like to ask if you could have a specific rebranded pts tool and do away the extra price feeds etc that are not needed.
Contribute to the PTS Development Program!
Please send your donation to ID: bitcube

wackou

I like to ask if you could have a specific rebranded pts tool

there's not a lot of branding, except maybe the fact that you should call the cmdline util like that:

Code: [Select]
$ bts build pts
which I can easily change to

$ pts build
if that's what you meant

do away the extra price feeds etc that are not needed.

Price feeds are only shown and used when running a bts client, they do not appear at all anywhere when running a pts client

cube

• CoreTeam

$ pts build
if that's what you meant

That would be nice.

do away the extra price feeds etc that are not needed.

Price feeds are only shown and used when running a bts client, they do not appear at all anywhere when running a pts client

It should be invisible to the users.  Yes, this does it.  Thanks!

wackou

$ pts build
if that's what you meant

That would be nice.

Done in the latest release of the bts_tools. You still need to install the bts_tools package, but you now have:
$ pts build
$ pts build v2.0.1
$ pts run

$ pts build dev   # builds from develop branch
$ pts build_gui dev
$ pts run_gui

etc...

cube

• CoreTeam
Cool!

You have the email notifications and iOS push notifications. Do they work?  Do you have something for Andriod too?

Edit: Are you able to write a guide for the tools in our wiki?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:57:13 pm by cube »

wackou

email notifications work, iOS push notifications work too via the use of Boxcar (https://boxcar.io/), which is an (iOS only) push notification app, so unfortunately no support for Android. I'd be happy to add it, if someone could give me a hint at what would be a nice/recognized/easy to configure service to send push notifications (https://pushover.net/ ? something else?)

As for the guide, it's one of the next step I intend to do anyway as I realize lots of people probably miss out on the nice functionality of the tools because of the lack of documentation. I tried to have the config.yaml file as documented as possible (should be mostly self-explanatory), but of course it's not a substitute for real documentation. I'll get on it ASAP.

cube

• CoreTeam
So it is a email->middleware->mobile phone's push notification?  It should not be a problem then.  There is IFTTT for Android.  There are probably a number of others.

I would like to try your tools and evaluate their usefulness.  But I am reluctant to do so because of a lack of documentation.  If they are indeed useful and easy, I would like the community to try them.